Tuesday, November 19, 2013

You are Missed, Fluffy



I lit a candle for you, last night, Fluffy, and placed it at your eating spot. The glow from the kitchen lets my heart know that you're there.

I woke up this morning hoping to see and hear you, Fluffy. I opened the photo album to look for you. I miss you, handsome, and I cried for you in my pillow with Pickle in my arms. We miss you, Fluffy.

I spent hours looking through your photos because, don't go Fluffy, I want to see you just that one more time. Just a bit more, please. I don't need to do anything else.

I replay your short videos over and over again because I can hear you again and feel you next to me. Sometimes they make me cry; sometimes they make me happy. There are not enough videos of you, Fluffy. You're so handsome.

I walked through the house along your paths. I laid my head on your favourite sofa spots and bed to sob. I saw what you saw. I remember your cutest voice every time you saw me. You are my sweetest boy.

I crouched at your eating spot with Pickle at mealtimes today, Fluffy. You always rushed to come eat. And how you loved water... You had a special way of drinking, my special boy.

I ran my hands through your cave to feel the dents on the foam. I feel you, Fluffy.

I gathered all your favourite toys from under the sofa, Fluffy, and remembered how you played with them. Only certain ones. You fussy boy.

I held your dirty collar and put it close to my nose to sniff, and remember your smell, my dirty boy. It's not your fault it's smelly. The tinkling bell makes me smile. I hear you walking. You have heavy footsteps.

I loved squishing your thick mane and smooching your broad flat forehead, Fluffy. And those special, small round ears... There are never enough forehead kisses for you.

I see the cheek smear patch you made on the edge of the bathroom door, Fluffy. You are so tall. And big.

I checked out the wall corner that you scratched. Not noticeable, Fluffy. Nobody can tell.

I saw the patch of white hairs on the bed-skirt. I know you've crawled through to your favourite hideout, Fluffy. You like to hide. But I don't see you.

I let you go too soon, Fluffy. I am so sorry.



  

1 comment: